Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wednesday Feb 4, 2009

Here is a picture of Sammy's new room. We are excited to have a window, and we have begun adding our own "wallpaper" :) The window is nice because she is not allowed to leave the room. Our hope is that as soon as we make it roomy, they will kick us out!


Here is Sammy watching a dvd in bed. The ace bandage covers her first incision and the mri today will be done on her lower part of her leg. If that doesn't turn up anything, they are planning on doing an all over bone scan, unless the fevers disappear and she starts walking on that leg. Her right arm is the one with the picc line, and that is what goes into a major artery close to her heart, and what the antibiotics will be administered through when we are sent home.



(Wrote this earlier today) I was able to go home last night and rest while my mom took the night shift. It was REALLY hard coming home and knowing that it was a week ago that I rushed out the door with Sammy in my arms to start this whole crazy ordeal. It was really nice to be able to spend some time with Jon and Hannah, and I really look forward to when I will get to bring Sammy home again.
Sammy is going under again today for another mri, cause the bottom of her left leg has begun swelling and is warm to the touch, and if they find what they think, it will probably mean another surgery to drain the fluid and to paint everything in there with the antibiotics. I will let everyone know the results of the mri later today. Things in her blood are improving but it is just extremely hard to get the antibiotics to the bone once the infection has gone that far. Please continue to pray for the doctors to know the right course of action, and that the nursing staff will not be so short handed. They are doing their best, but there are so many sick kiddos this time of year. Sammy fevers are still pretty constant, but on a really goon note, she POOPED (I know gross, huh) which she has not done in over a week, so small successes. :) Talk to you all soon!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got home - Hannah must have been thrilled! Continual prayers for you & Jon, Hannah & of course Sammy and the entire medical team. Wish I was closer to help out.
    Nonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica - show this to Sammy if you can. Zach, Charlie & Hannah all say hi!!!! Hopefully I can get all the paint off her before Jon picks her up!! :) She's having a ball....
    http://williamsfamilywest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete