Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Snow Day in May!?!

Ok, so everyone knows I LOVE rain! I attribute it to the fact that I have been deprived of any type of weather my whole life. However the fact is anytime there is even a chance of precipitation I get super excited and go to great lengths to enjoy it to the maximum. That being said, today I found out it was going to be raining everywhere in the state of Arizona except for where I live (of course) so I decided last minute to drive to the rain. My options according to weather.com were Camp Verde, or Florence so I decided Camp Verde. It took about and hour and a half to get there, but unfortunately by the time I got there the rain was gone and there were blue skies. (I was so bummed) Anyway I saw snow on the mountains in Flagstaff and decided to travel just one more hour to play in snow! Now obviously looking at the pictures I had not planned for snow, but we made the best of it with what we had in the car. This is why I never clean out my car. :) Some call it messy. I call it always prepared!


Needless to say it was an eventful and memorable day. I even got to see the rain on my way back down to Phoenix, while the girls slept in their car seats in the back. I even called Jon at work twice to find out where the rain was headed (yes he gets points for loving me so much as to interrupt his work to enable my weather addiction). Who knew I would be swimming one day, and in snow the next! Only in Arizona. :)

3 comments:

  1. Jessica forgot to mention that after leaving Surprise to find the weather she so longed to see, it started to rain in Surprise. We actually got the second most amount of rain that day. She always says that it never rains at our house, but you have to be at the house to see if rain. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Now that is what I call random fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip! Next time, stop by! I have a ton of snow gear and our kids could play together.

    ReplyDelete